Saturday, January 3, 2009

Getting Settled

Tuesday was the annual Christmas trip. We went to the Zoo in Hermosia and stopped at McDonald's for supper on the way home. It was a fun day to get to know the kids a little better. On the way home we were stopped at a check point by the military. A soldier boarded the bus and asked where we were going and where we had been. The kids took over and were joking around with him before he sent us on our way. It's common place for them but still a little scary for us new comers.


Wednesday and Thursday were spent cleaning the house and unpacking. It's starting to feel more like home. After lunch I road my bike back from CVE along the railroad tracks. It's a rough ride but it felt good to be back on the bike. I ride to CVE during the day and repair my tires and tubes at night. So far I have always gotten them to hold air. We met some of the neighbors and they are very friendly although communication is rough when Kali or Joan are not around. Below are some pictures of the house.
And our Garage - Dad and Scot if you see this we have a chamberlin door/gate opener it will probably need some work in March.

And our yard.



And the snake in our yard.


Actually, the snake was at the zoo, I just added it for some drama. So far we haven't had any encounters with any critters.

God has really blessed us with such a nice place to live. We have room for visitors.

La Familia Zobrist




.


3 Comments:

At January 4, 2009 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Audrey said...

Mike, you had me scared there for a minute with that snake! (I'm pretty sure Kali wouldn't have liked to see that on our caoe trip, and neither would I!)

 
At January 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!

 
At January 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home